- Eurorack kasser
Back by popular demand!
Nano Rand v2 is a reissue of our classic micro random module. It features a sample and hold, noise source, and random voltage generator in 4HP. It takes inspiration from and improves upon the analog concept of a random voltage module; moving forward in leaps and bounds into the digital domain.
At its' core is an 8 bit microcontroller which allows for an extremely versatile, and more importantly, musical type of random. Containing four random voltage algorithms that include random stepped voltages, random LFO waveforms and frequencies, random frequency audio rate square waves, and a combination of all algorithms, Nano Rand creates a signal that would otherwise take a multitude of modules to produce. On top of the fluctuating random voltage output, it is also capable of producing the most musical random gate output in the Eurorack format. When externally clocked, Nano Rand generates random gate outputs that are musically related to the incoming clock signal. It chooses between eighth, sixteenth, quarter and many other rhythmic divisions, creating unique evolving rhythms.
With a clean, intuitive interface and more random per square millimeter than ever before, Nano Rand is the ultimate in musically significant aleatoric meanderings.
- 4 switchable random voltage algorithms
- Can be internally or externally clocked
- Random gate source that generates musical derivatives of incoming clock
- Generates random frequency audio rate square waves allowing it to be both audio and control source
- Random voltage can be unipolar or bipolar
Changes from v1
- Noise output converted to analog white noise circuit with extremely flat frequency response
- Algo button converted to smaller version
- Added reverse power protection
Depth: 38.1mm (skiff friendly)
Power: +12V = 60mA, -12V = 17mA, +5 = 0mA