The digital oscillator E352 Cloud Terrarium combines the synthesis algorithms of E340 Cloud Generator and E350 Morphing Terrarium in one module.
Compared to the classics, the new circuit features a multitude of improvements, for instance a more modern processor, waveforms with higher resolution, wavetable import options and a color TFT display.
The Morphing Terrarium algorithms are specialized in wavetable synthesis. All in all, 192 basic waveforms are available. Via a microSD card slot, users can import their own wavetables. While working with its cloud algorithms, the E352 combines eight waveforms / wavetables to create sound. A LFO mode allows users to employ the module as a complex CV source. The Cloud Terrarium's results range from soft to harsh, sometimes metallic sounds. Supersaw rave pads and gigantic walls of sound can be produced easily as well.
Some important features:
- User-defined wavetables loaded via microSD card
- 16K color 240 x 320 TFT LCD display
- Grayhill mil-spec optical encoder for data entry
- 16-bit wavetables (versus 8-bit for the E350) for 5x lower noise & THD
- Contains all 192 of the original E350 wavetables
- LFO mode, variable Glitch Energy and other added features
1 V per octave input
Fm and sync inputs
CV X, CV Y and CV Z inputs
Two signal outputs
microSD card slot