That's how a beta tester described this module and we think it's pretty fair.
Basicaly, the Bishop's Miscellany is a dual stepped CV/Gate Recorder. It means it records two CV’s and two Gates on steps a bit like an analog shift register but with a lot more.
First, plug in your CV/Gate keyboard, your MIDI interface, your ribbon, your joystick or your favorite CV/Gate controller and record a sequence. If you are too lazy to play something, you can even use the internal random generator to feed the inputs. Then, play the sequence and mangle it, it's that easy!
• Dual Stepped CV / Gate Recorder
• Variable length sequences (up to 32 steps)
• Shift parameter scanning differents segments in your original sequence.
• AB switch allowing to record two different 32 steps sequences.
• Random value generator very handly to create random loops or to play sequences randomly
• Cut funtion hacking the gate out 1 for more dynamic phrases
• CV inputs for Length and Shift functions • Gate inputs for all the switch functions (Record, AB, Cut and Random)
• User replaceable firmware chip
• High quality metal potentiometer with double rubber injected knobs
• Skiff friendly (22mm depth)
• 12 HP Wide
• 25mA @ +12V / 0mA @ -12v
• Input & Outplut voltages 0 - 5V