- COMPLETE SYSTEMS
The Bat Filter is a collection of 8 Voltage Controlled Digital Filters (VCDF). Compared to their analog cuosins, digital filters are precise and deep. the can remove or pass selected harmonics smoothly or aggressively depending on how they're configured. The result is special character that brings a whole new sonic dimension to the analog modular synthesizer.
The Bat Filter algorithms are based on the Chebyshev filter topology. They're pumping at low frequencies, smooth and pleasant at mid range, and aggressive up top as the audio frequency gets closer to the DSP sampling rate. One of the biggest advantages of digital filter design is the ability to cascade filters with no gain loss or added circuit noise like with analog filters. Ths results in filters with up to 8 poles, a slope of 48db! That's equivalent to having four 12db analog filters in series, yet maintaining a clean, strong signal at the output.
The Bat Filter contains the following algorithms:
- Program 1 - Dual Stereo 8-Pole Law Pass Filter
- Program 2 - Dual 8-Pole Band Pass
- Program 3 - 4-Pole High Pass/Low Pass in Series
- Program 4 - 8-Pole High Pass/Band Pass in series
- Program 5 - 8-Pole Triple Band Reject (Notch Filters)
- Program 6 - 8-Pole High Pass/Band Reject in Series
- Program 7 - Stereo Resonator: A unique, Dynamically Varied Structure of Filters
- Program 8 - Stereo 8-Pole High Pass Filter with Stereo Spread Control.